The Health Information Management Department is responsible for the processing of information related to the patient’s medical records in both paper and electronic formats. HIM also routinely responds to the need for health information from patients, healthcare providers, and a variety of third party requestors.
The Health Information Exchange (HIE) is a system used by healthcare providers to privately and securely store and exchange patient (medical) data.
• It is extremely important for a healthcare provider to have immediate access to your medical data during a medical emergency so that the patient can receive immediate care
• When a patient is enrolled into the Health Information Exchange, it enables healthcare providers to have access to accurate patient information and offer immediate care
Yes, your medical information is kept private and secure and is viewable only by authorized healthcare providers as needed.
All systems must comply with the security rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Hi-tech systems prevent unauthorized access and secure patient records to the greatest extent possible
Patient clinical records:
current medications, test results, allergy profile, and other information deemed vital to your care. Demographic information necessary to identify the patient (birth date & address).
Gila River Health Care patients benefit in the following ways:
• Emergency treatment without delays
• More complete and accurate patient medical information
• Improved medical care
• Patient empowerment and access to medical records
You can obtain information about how to withdraw from the exchange by visiting Health Information Management, Primary Care Department or Customer Service Representative.
You can also withdraw when registering at Patient Registration.
Certified by The Joint Commission, recognized for
excellence in patient care